Coordinated School Health
Tennessee Coordinated School Health connects physical, emotional and social health with education through eight inter-related components. This coordinated approach improves students' health and their capacity to learn through the support of families, communities and schools working together. Coordinated School Health works with many partners to address school health priorities.
Coordinated School Health Components
ACS District Coordinated School Health Goals (2019-2020)
Goal 1 - Decrease student BMI’s by 2% across all four schools in the district during the 19-20 school year.
Goal 2 - Decrease instances of violence and aggression in students by promoting greater mental health awareness across all four schools
Goal 3 - Review and update school health related board policies/procedures for the 19-20 school year.
District Health Advisory Council
- Dr. Keri Prigmore - Director of Attendance and Coordinated School Health Coordinator
- Dr. Sara Williams - Alcoa Elementary School Assistant Principal
- Kimberly Holliday - Alcoa Intermediate School 5th Grade Teacher
- Hank Snyder - Alcoa Middle School Physical Education Teacher
- Hollie Adams - Alcoa Middle School Nurse
- Christy Daugherty - Alcoa High School Physical Education/Wellness Teacher
District Mental Health Task Force
- Educator Support Center Staff - Dr. Keri Prigmore, Mary Beth Warwick, Glenda Thomas, and Patricia Thomas
- School Counselors - Fonda Davis (AES), Jerry Jones (AIS), Lisa Williamson (AMS), Dr. Tracy Downs (AHS) and Katie Ferrell (AHS)
- School Resource Officers - Mark Tate (AES/AHS), Joe Beasley (AIS), and Roger Rex (AMS)
- Jason Adams - Director of Pershing Academy of Learning
- School Nurses - Ashley Deatherage (AES), Traci Carnette (AIS), and Hollie Adams (AMS)
Mental Health Mission
Alcoa City Schools is committed to Graduating Competitive Students by ensuring the mental wellness of students, families, faculty, and staff through education, intervention, and access to services.
Mental Health Vision
To provide effective and innovative programs/activities that focus on the emotional, psychological, and social well-being of students, families, faculty, and staff.
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Information and Resources
- Situation Summary
- Tips and Activities to Promote Mental and Physical Health at Home
- TN Department of Education: Coordinated School Health
- US Department of Mental Health and Services (SAMHSA)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Required Immunizations
- Bully Prevention and Awareness
- Get Involved (Community Health)
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Childhood Obesity
- Cancer Awareness and Prevention
- Diabetes Awareness and Prevention
- Drug Use Prevention
- Mental Health Awareness
- Suicide Awareness and Prevention