Food Service Information
School meals are hard.....
Students don't understand why they are made to get fruits and vegetables when they don't want them. It's our jobs as food service employees and yours as parents/guardians to help them understand that we have rules that must be followed.
Follow the link to see more information about Reimbursable Meals.
Vision Statement: Fueling Education One Tray at a Time
2022-2023 Important Information
- USDA Food & Nutrition Services will not be extending the waivers that allowed schools to serve free meals to all students.
- Parents and Guardians should make sure they fill out Free/Reduced meal price applications at the beginning of the school year.
- F/R Applications can be found in all welcome back packets and online.
Breakfast will remain Free for all Students.
- Breakfast (Research shows children who eat breakfast pay better attention in class, have fewer discipline problems and can catch on to new learning more quickly.)
- No Student is allowed to charge a la carte or extra items.
- Lunch codes are provided so that parents/guardians and employees can pay on account to keep a positive balance for ala carte and/or extra items. Parents/Guardians can view their child’s account and their meal purchases through Skyward Family Access. Please contact your child’s school to get set up in Skyward if you have not already done so.
- Contact Tina Roy ([email protected]) | 865-984-0531 with any questions or concerns.
Student Food Allergies
We need your help!
Does your child have a diagnosed food intolerance?
Does your child have a diagnosed food allergy?
Can you provide documentation from your child's doctor?
If an allergy is marked for a certain food, it must be accompanied by a signature from a medical doctor stating that an allergy exists. Please be aware that to remove an allergy, documentation also needs to occur from a doctor stating that the allergy no longer exists. An allergy for ACS nutrition/health services must have medical documentation.
Does your child simply not like a food item?
These questions are imperative for nurses, teachers, administration, and cafeterias. If your child is allergic to a food or food ingredient, cafe employees need to know so accommodations can be made for them. If they simply don't like a food item, cafes offer two breakfast (plus cereal daily) and two lunch entree options daily. Students are welcome to speak with Cafe Managers to learn of more options that may be available.
Benefits and Application Information
We Need Your Application
- For free or reduced meal benefits, parents/guardians MUST complete a new application each year via an online application or paper application.
Online applications are accessible through Skyward Family Access.
Paper applications are available through each school's front office.
- Only 1 application is needed per family/household.
- Only 1 application submission is required to apply for Food Service benefits. DO NOT complete both paper and online applications for one academic/school year.
- Reminder: Always update any personal contact information at your child's school.
Cafeteria Prices and Information
- Menus are available to print from each school's webpage and are also displayed inside each cafeteria.
- The prices below do not include A la carte items.
- Charging A la carte items or extra food items is prohibited. Students must have money with them or in their lunch account for those items
- Full breakfast meal includes entree, fruit, juice, milk.
At least (3) of these offerings including a fruit or juice must be chosen for a tray to be counted as a meal based on federal guidelines.
- Full lunch meal includes entrée (usually a meat/protein item), vegetables, fruit, grain, and milk.
At least three (3) of these offerings including a fruit or vegetable must be chosen for a tray to be counted as a meal based on federal guidelines.
- Salad bar, Grab salad and PB&J meals available daily and can be counted as a full meal with all correct components.
- Free and Reduced benefits are available at all schools for breakfast, hot lunch, combo meals, and salad bar, when at least three (3) components including 1/2 cup fruit or vegetable are chosen.
Each cafe has its own website. Please visit these pages for menus.
|Student Reduced Price Lunch||
|Cost Per Month For Lunch||AES||AIS||AMS||AHS|
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online here, or from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
⚠️ USDA HAS ENDED
Please remember to apply for Free/Reduced price meals for the 2022-2023 school year.
Follow this link to learn more about the upcoming school years meal service information and why it's so important to fill out Free/Reduced priced meal applications.